Software Engineer - Backend (Data Platform Team)
Singapore, Singapore /
Engineering – Data /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
At this time, we are only able to consider candidates located ONLY in Singapore. However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for other potential opportunities in the future.
About the team:
The Data team is responsible for driving the adoption of data solutions across the company.
We focus on three main missions:
- ShopBack’s Data Governance: Whole data lifecycle ; collection, storage, manipulation, retention, disposal… As well as the respect of legal compliance and data quality
- Empower ShopBackers to make data driven decisions: Usage and manipulation of data to create metrics, insights and detect patterns and promote a data driven culture
- Deliver a smarter experience to User and Merchants: Deliver Machine Learning products to improve the shopping experience for both the user and the merchant.
What you'll do:
- Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable custom built technology solutions to meet the business needs
- Work closely with other engineers on the team to build highly scalable and robust backend services
- Build a great product that impacts consumer online behavior
- Execute end-to-end ownership and accountability over the projects you work on
- Explore and learn about the latest technologies in the industry
Who you are:
- Minimum 3 years of experience solving backend software engineering problems.
- Strong ability to reason about data structures, complexity, and possible engineering approaches to a problem
- Proven experience working on complex distributed systems
- Experience in building cloud-based solutions
- Experience with distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra)
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages: NodeJS, Java or Python
- Passion for learning new skills and working on high-impact products
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience