Marketing Partnership Manager/Senior Manager
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia /
Marketing – Marketing /
The ShopBack Group is Asia-Pacific’s leading shopping, rewards, and payments platform, serving over 40 million shoppers across ten markets.
Driven by the vision to become the world's most rewarding way to shop, ShopBack is dedicated to saving members money and time, while delivering delightful experiences with every purchase. The platform also enables merchants and brands to engage with their members in a cost-effective manner.
Founded in 2014, ShopBack now powers over US$3.7 billion in annual sales for over 15,000 online and in-store partners, with over half a million transactions happening via the platform daily. In 2022, ShopBack expanded its offerings into the realm of financial services with the launch of ShopBack Pay and PayLater - providing members with responsible and convenient payment options at checkout, while empowering partners with more ways to engage potential customers.
You will help scale ShopBack in Malaysia by uncovering new business opportunities from non-merchants as well as act as the bridge between ShopBack and its community of customers and advocates.
You will be involved in identifying and developing partnerships which will eventually lead to uncovering new customers, financial growth and profitability within our organization. To excel in this role, you must be a strategic thinker, comfortable managing relationships with external partners and communities, advanced analytical skills with an entrepreneurial mindset to solve problems.
- Identify and establish relationships with high-impact partners to create, plan and implement mutually beneficial B2C marketing campaigns across the different business units (Online Affiliate and Financial Services) of ShopBack. Partners can include but not limited to banks, telcos, loyalty platforms, event organizers, tourism boards and government agencies.
- Conceptualize and execute co-branded campaigns targeted at increasing brand awareness, acquiring new users and engaging existing users in Malaysia
- Organize and launch community or partner initiatives to grow and build strong relationships with partners or members of the community to drive positive brand advocacy and loyalty (engaging ShopBack Rangers, engaging targeted community members via platforms such as Facebook/WhatsApp/Telegram groups, launching an ambassador program, activating an event series etc)
- Search or create lead generation, brand exposure and revenue-making opportunities that synergises with our offerings
- Research, model, evaluate, strategize and execute new growth opportunities based on user behavior, industry insights, competitive landscape, product line up and potential impact
- Manage the implementation and monitor the success of each channel / partner and campaigns by tracking and analyzing relevant data and metrics
- Stay abreast of key industry trends and the use of data to formulate and make recommendations on new revenue opportunities in order to develop a strong culture of rapid experimentation
- At least 4 - 5 years relevant experience in partnerships/marketing/business building experience, preferably within a digital / tech / e-Commerce environment
- A self-starter, independent, motivated and result-oriented individual
- Demonstrated ability to map out partnership and / or marketing strategy with proven success in key metrics
- Solid network within Malaysia with the ability to build and nurture executive-level relationships with partners, communities and organisations
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking and ability to seek and identify opportunities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present opportunities through data analytics.
- Not afraid of uncharted territories/ always open to explore something foreign and new. Can't-is-not-an-option attitude. Not discouraged by failure or mistake.