TW: Sr. Software Engineer - SRE
Taipei, Taiwan /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain new and existing web-based applications
- Coordinate with engineering to define and prioritize engineering projects.
- Able to work in a dynamic and diverse engineering culture - every day, we learn from each other, brainstorm and execute ideas, and play ping pong to unwind...
- Build a great product that impacts consumer online behavior - we’re proud that our product is changing the way people shop online
- Interest in exploring and learning the latest technologies in the industry.
- As part of the engineering team, you will advise the organization as to which technology stacks/cloud/data solutions to use in Taiwan
- Ensure that systems are always available, fast and highly scalable to accommodate unprecedented demand.
- Help develop the best possible continuous delivery pipelines supporting features like automatically promotion to production, automated canary releasing or blue-green deployments
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Hands on experience working with NodeJS (Most Preferred)
- Experience working with cloud services like AWS, Heroku or Google cloud platform
- Experience with different databases. Relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL, ...) or NoSQL(MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra)
- Extensive REST API development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a team player with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in configuration management and orchestration (experience with Chef/Ansible/Puppet is an added bonus)
- Demonstrated the ability to look forward and anticipate problems and needs
- Worked with CI/CD tooling, Jenkins/Travis
- Experience in distributed system design/operation.
- Hands on experience in ELT data pipelines and big data computing framework (Spark)