Staff/Senior Software Engineer - SRE
Taipei, Taiwan /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
ShopBack : Better Shopping, Every Day.
The ShopBack Group is Asia-Pacific’s leading shopping and rewards platform, serving over 30 million shoppers across ten markets. Growing from a team of six back in 2014 to over seven hundred today, ShopBackers across the region come together with a singular mission: to make shopping rewarding, delightful, and accessible for all.
Joining forces with leading buy now, pay later (BNPL) player hoolah and with the launch of ShopBack Pay, the Group now offers shoppers a responsible and convenient payment option at checkout.
More than half a billion shopping trips start with ShopBack each year. The Group powers over US$3.5 billion in annual sales for over 10,000 online and in-store merchant partners, across categories ranging from fashion, beauty, F&B, electronics, travel and more. If you are passionate about building and scaling up businesses in this fast-growing landscape, come and join our growing ShopBack team!
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain new and existing web-based applications
- Coordinate with engineering to define and prioritize engineering projects.
- Able to work in a dynamic and diverse engineering culture - every day, we learn from each other, brainstorm and execute ideas, and play ping pong to unwind...
- Build a great product that impacts consumer online behavior - we’re proud that our product is changing the way people shop online
- Interest in exploring and learning the latest technologies in the industry.
- As part of the engineering team, you will advise the organization as to which technology stacks/cloud/data solutions to use in Taiwan
- Ensure that systems are always available, fast and highly scalable to accommodate unprecedented demand.
- Help develop the best possible continuous delivery pipelines supporting features like automatically promotion to production, automated canary releasing or blue-green deployments
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Hands on experience working with NodeJS (Most Preferred)
- Experience working with cloud services like AWS, Heroku or Google cloud platform
- Experience with different databases. Relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL, ...) or NoSQL(MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra)
- Extensive REST API development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a team player with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in configuration management and orchestration (experience with Chef/Ansible/Puppet is an added bonus)
- Demonstrated the ability to look forward and anticipate problems and needs
- Worked with CI/CD tooling, Jenkins/Travis
- Experience in distributed system design/operation.
- Hands on experience in ELT data pipelines and big data computing framework (Spark)