Software Engineer (Fresh Graduate)
Singapore, Singapore /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
At this time, we are only able to consider candidates located ONLY in Singapore. However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for other potential opportunities in the future.
About the role:
At ShopBack, our engineering teams build scalable platforms and utilize leading-edge technologies to build a world-class product. You will join a diverse and talented team of aspiring engineers with great ambitions to impact the eCommerce landscape. We are seeking team members who strive to solve the hard problems, take pride in delivering world-class products, and are strong team players.
You are someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You find passion in the craft and are constantly seeking improvement and better ways to solve tough problems.
What you'll do:
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain new and existing web applications and APIs.
- Collaborate with product, data and design to define the future of the ShopBack experience
- Coordinate across our engineering hubs to improve engineering efficiency and service quality
- Build great products that impacts consumer purchasing behaviour
What we're looking for:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major
- Good knowledge on data structure and algorithms and an ability to use them practically when implementing solutions
- Constantly curious, always looking to learn new technologies
- Experience with client-side frameworks eg. Angular, Ember, Vue, React etc
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication ability and desire to thrive in a high-growth startup environment