TW: Staff Engineer
Taipei, Taiwan /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features.
- Guide the team on system implementation, mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards.
- Able to work in a dynamic and diverse engineering culture - every day, we learn from each other, brainstorm and execute ideas, and play ping pong to unwind...
- Build a great product that impacts consumer online behavior - we’re proud that our product is changing the way people shop online
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years of experience with building large-scale applications, or similar experience
- Proven track record of planning multi-year roadmap in which shorter-term projects ladder to the long-term vision
- Extensive knowledge with modern programming languages and server-side technology
- Hands on technical leadership experience leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong leadership