Customer Service Executive (SME)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia /
Commercial – Operations /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
- Serve as a resource or Subject Matter Expert (SME) at the country level for other CS Team members and external teams.
- Reduces country issues to practical recommended options.
- Explains recommendation to decision-makers, both at country and regional level in terms that permit decisions.
- Performs studies and analyses on subjects within the technical scope of work for CS regional projects.
- Develops requirements from a CS regional project's inception to its conclusion at the country level.
- Assists other project members from other countries and/or regional team with analysis and evaluation and with the preparation of recommendations for process/tools improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts at the country level.
- Applies experience, skills, and expert knowledge within a CS discipline at the country level to complex assignments.
- Serves as a major contributor from the country to CS regional projects’ technical planning process and for providing technical management and guidance.
- Update and publish FAQ articles as soon as we launch new features, campaigns or products, or as soon as something big changes in the country.
- Find and update/remove incorrect, out-of-date, or misleading information FAQ articles on a regular basis.
- Build and maintain a relevant chatbot flow for the country, its tones of voice and vocabularies.
- Build and maintain chatbot dataset based on the categories of customers main support requests at the country.
- Conduct continuous chatbot testing at the country level to ensure it passes the Turing Test.
- Perform CS frontline tasks as when it’s needed.
- Familiar with Google Suites products, specifically Google Sheet and Slides
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and spoken.
- Professional working proficiency in English.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills, and analytical and influencing skills
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and find speedy resolutions.
- Goal-oriented - You will do what it takes to achieve the critical metrics in providing a high quality of customer experience towards our customers
- Agile - You can move quickly and adapt to a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. You will be on the front-lines of a highly visible, fast-growing brand