Human Resources Business Partner
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia /
People & Corporate Services – People /
ShopBack : Better Shopping, Every Day.
The ShopBack Group is Asia-Pacific’s leading shopping and rewards platform, serving over 30 million shoppers across ten markets. Growing from a team of six back in 2014 to over seven hundred today, ShopBackers across the region come together with a singular mission: to make shopping rewarding, delightful, and accessible for all.
Joining forces with leading buy now, pay later (BNPL) player hoolah and with the launch of ShopBack Pay, the Group now offers shoppers a responsible and convenient payment option at checkout.
More than half a billion shopping trips start with ShopBack each year. The Group powers over US$3.5 billion in annual sales for over 10,000 online and in-store merchant partners, across categories ranging from fashion, beauty, F&B, electronics, travel and more. If you are passionate about building and scaling up businesses in this fast-growing landscape, come and join our growing ShopBack team!
Reporting to the Senior HRBP and partnering closely with the senior leadership team in Malaysia, the HRBP advises managers on employee lifecycle management, talent management and drives a high-performance culture, while taking a hands-on approach in HR operations.
As the single point of contact for managers and employees, you will work with management to understand their business activities and to drive business performance through their teams. This is a challenging role where you will grow professionally, while directly impacting employee experience and business growth at ShopBack Malaysia. To be successful, you must be able to operate at both strategic and operational levels as an individual contributor.
- Partner with the General Manager and other functional leads, acquire in-depth knowledge of the business and business unit, and deliver HR policies and strategy within the business units.
- Consult with line management, providing HR guidance on, talent development, performance management, employee relations, etc.
- Guide leaders and managers on performance management and enhancing managers’ effectiveness in people management.
- Coordinating and supporting initiatives that enhance work relationships, employee retention, and reinforcing & promoting ShopBack’s culture and values, e.g., staff appreciation program, team-building events, etc.
- Manage employee disciplinary issues and provide advice to managers on ways to manage each case.
- Support regional HR in administering training and development to local teams.
- Execute all HR operation activities: e.g., HRIS updates, issuance of offer letters, on-boarding of new employees, contract management, off-boarding, visa applications and renewal, etc.
- Manage end-to-end payroll processing through ShopBack’s outsourced payroll vendor, ensuring 100% accuracy and timely payments.
- Identify areas for improvement in HR processes, providing feedback and escalating issues where appropriate to improve productivity within HR.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2-3 years of relevant HR management experience, preferably in eCommerce, digital marketing or technology companies.
- Thorough knowledge of HR practices and Malaysian Labour Law, with strong experience in dealing with employee relation matters.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, needs to understand and react quickly to changing priorities even when not all the information is available.
- Ability to effectively influence, communicate, and present at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong work ethics, ability to handle confidential information sensitively and with integrity,
- Good planning, organizing, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with fast-paced environments and not afraid to "roll up your sleeves" to get things done.
- Ability to work both on a team (a member or leader) and independently to deliver results with minimum supervision.
- Adept at working with diverse teams of different cultures and personalities.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and strong “can-do” attitude.
- Proficient in MS-Office and G-Suite applications. Familiarity with HR systems is a plus.