Human Resources Business Partner
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia /
Commercial – HR /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
Reporting to the Regional Lead HRBP in Singapore and partnering closely with the senior leadership team in Malaysia, the HRBP advises managers on employee lifecycle management, talent management and drives a high-performance culture, while taking a hands-on approach in HR operations.
As the single point of contact for managers and employees, you will work with management to understand their business activities and to drive business performance through their teams. This is a challenging role where you will grow professionally, while directly impacting employee experience and business growth at ShopBack Malaysia. To be successful, you must be able to operate at both strategic and operational levels as an individual contributor.
- Partner with the Country General Manager and other functional leads, acquire in-depth knowledge of the business and business unit, and deliver HR policies and strategy within the business units.
- Consult with line management, providing HR guidance on, talent development, performance management, employee relations, etc.
- Guide leaders and managers on performance management and enhancing managers’ effectiveness in people management.
- Coordinating initiatives that enhance work relationships, employee retention, and reinforcing & promoting ShopBack’s culture, e.g. staff appreciation program, team-building events, etc.
- Manage employee disciplinary issues and provide advice to managers on ways to manage each case.
- Support regional HR in administering training and development to local teams.
- Execute all HR operation activities: e.g. HRIS updates, issuance of offer letters, on-boarding of new employees, contract management, off-boarding, visa applications and renewal, etc.
- Manage end-to-end payroll processing through ShopBack’s outsourced payroll vendor, ensuring 100% accuracy and timely payments.
- Identify areas for improvement in HR processes, providing feedback and escalating issues where appropriate to improve productivity within HR.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant HR management experience, preferably in eCommerce, digital marketing or technology companies.
- Thorough knowledge of HR practices and Malaysian Labour Law, with strong experience in dealing with employee relation matters.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity at all times, needs to understand and react quickly to changing priorities even when not all the information is available.
- Ability to effectively influence, communicate, and present at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong work ethics, ability to handle confidential information sensitively and with integrity,
- Good planning, organizing, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with fast-paced environments and not afraid to "roll up your sleeves" to get things done.
- Ability to work both on a team (a member or leader) and independently to deliver results with minimum supervision.
- Adept at working with diverse teams of different cultures and personalities.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and strong “can-do” attitude.
- Proficient in MS-Office and G-Suite applications. Familiarity with HR systems is a plus.