Business Development Manager (In-Store)
Sydney, Australia /
Commercial – Business Development /
ShopBack : Better Shopping, Every Day.
The ShopBack Group is Asia-Pacific’s leading shopping and rewards platform, serving over 30 million shoppers across ten markets. Growing from a team of six back in 2014 to over eight hundred today, ShopBackers across the region come together with a singular mission: to make shopping rewarding, delightful, and accessible for all.
Joining forces with leading buy now, pay later (BNPL) player hoolah and with the launch of ShopBack Pay, the Group now offers shoppers a responsible and convenient payment option at checkout.
More than half a billion shopping trips start with ShopBack each year. The Group powers over US$3.5 billion in annual sales for over 10,000 online and in-store merchant partners, across categories ranging from fashion, beauty, F&B, electronics, travel and more.
This is a role with our latest product : "ShopBack In-Store" - a brand new initiative that helps customer earns Cashback in the offline world, and allowing merchants to execute marketing initiatives effectively and efficiently.
If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family.
- Be a founding member of this exciting new business unit, driving our business development efforts for ShopBack In-store
- Effectively acquire merchant partners and convert sales leads
- Conduct market and potential clients' research for our target category
- Set merchant partners up for success with ShopBack Offline Cashback through thorough understanding of our merchant's needs and expectations
- Minimum 3 years of Business Development / Account management experience in the F&B tech space.
- Mandarin-speaking proficiency will be an added bonus (for speaking to relevant merchants)
- Strong interpersonal skills with good analytical skills
- A self-starter and motivated individual with can’t-is-not-an-option attitude. A problem-solver who’s not discouraged by failure or mistakes
- Must be able to multitask under pressure while maintaining high level of accuracy of the work
- Driven to be part of the process of building a successful business in a startup environment
- Passionate about being part of an exciting new team that wants to make a meaningful impact in the region
- Determine to join and perform in one of the fastest growing start-up in Australia
- Consider yourself a foodie, hungry to achieve goals and an outgoing personality!