Vietnam: Engineering Manager
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
- Manage and oversee the engineering team in Vietnam
- Responsible for hiring, mentoring and development of our team of engineers to grow a high-performance engineering organisation
- Collaborate with product & technology teams to deliver major initiatives that drive our customer growth
- Guide engineering technical strategy and roadmaps
- Commitment to high code quality and delivery requirements
- Minimally 7 years of work experience on large-scale and high-traffic projects (both Front-end and Back-end)
- Minimally 4 years of hands-on technical leadership or people management
- Experience with hiring and building self-sustaining teams
- Ability to coach and mentor team members in their professional development
- Hands-on experience working with Web Front-end:
- Hands-on experience working with Web Back-end:
- Languages/frameworks: NodeJS (most preferred), PHP, Ruby on Rails, Golang, or Python
- Cloud service: AWS (most preferred), Google Cloud, Heroku
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra
- APIs: RESTful