Commercial Director, CPG
Commercial – Expansion /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
This role will be responsible for spearheading a new business unit. You will be required to build and lead a team from the ground up to bolster our capabilities to help CPG brands and their partners improve sales across their online & offline retail channels across the APAC region.
When joining us in this capacity, you are entering a startup within a startup. You will have the opportunity to work with teams across multiple disciplines ranging from business development, user acquisition, product & technology.
You will also be required to work autonomously, using your analytical, conceptual thinking and strong communication skills to help ensure that you will be successful in:
- Managing the business unit’s overall performance and P&L.
- Breaking ground and establishing relationships with senior level executives with multiple brand partners across the APAC region
- Shaping product development to co-create a product that will be able to value-add to both the users on our platform and the brand partners that we work with
- Initiating, managing and overseeing the execution of marketing strategies to drive product adoption and user growth
- Leading, empowering, and mentoring your team to bring about growth and development for the business unit
- Established network of contacts and considerable experience closing deals within the CPG space.
- Comfortable leading internal/external conversations with high-profile brands and agency partners.
- Possess grit, tenacity, and willingness to make things work.
- Experience in building, leading and inspiring a team.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Min. 6 years of experience in a commercial roles (eg. business development, sales, partnerships).
- Experience in sales or brand marketing in the CPG industry or strategic management consulting