Site Reliability Engineer
Singapore, Singapore /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
At this time, we are only able to consider candidates located ONLY in Singapore. However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for other potential opportunities in the future.
About the role:
At ShopBack, our engineering teams build scalable platforms and utilize leading-edge technologies to build a world-class product. You will join a diverse and talented team of aspiring engineers with great ambitions to impact the eCommerce landscape. We are seeking team members who strive to solve the hard problems, take pride in delivering world-class products, and are strong team players.
You are someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You find passion in the craft and are constantly seeking improvement and better ways to solve tough problems.
What you'll do:
- Improve availability, reliability, scalability, and recoverability of the systems with security and cost optimization in mind
- Develop the best possible continuous delivery pipelines incorporating streamlined change and release management process with 0 downtime deployment process
- Maintain tools for configuration management, build, continuous integration and deployment, reporting, monitoring etc.
- Participate in capacity planning and risk management
- Manage and monitor a multi-datacenter regional environment
- Collaborate with product engineers to enhance core platforms
- Collaborate closely with application development to assist in adopting methods to improve scalability and reliability of services
- Explore and adopt new and creative DevOps approaches to improve production reliability and availability
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of relevant DevOps or SRE experience
- Proven experience working on public cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, etc)
- Proven experience with containerization using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Infra-As-Code using Terraform is a plus