Singapore, Singapore /
Engineering – Data /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
At this time, we are only able to consider candidates located ONLY in Singapore. However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for other potential opportunities in the future.
What you'll do:
- Manage and ensure the AWS platform are always available, fast and highly scalable to accommodate unprecedented demand
- Design, build, deploy and manage scalable and reliable ETL pipelines to ingest data from various data sources
- Build robust in-house platform to support analytics and data science
- Manage and process large amounts of data in near real-time to deliver up-to-date metrics
- Drive continuous improvements in the efficiency and flexibility of our platform and services requirements.
- Keen on learning and implementing best practices on cloud computing technologies
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 2 years working experience in data management domains
- Experience working in data ETL, data security, and databases
- Strong coding skills in Python or Java/Scala, SQL
- Good knowledge of Spark, Airflow, Docker, CI/CD process
- Strong ability to reason about data structures, complexity, and possible engineering approaches to a problem