Software Engineering (Salesforce) Intern
Singapore, Singapore /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop "The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 4,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$130m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
This internship is ONLY open for applicants located in Singapore. Internship period May 2021 - Dec 2021
What you'll do:
- Produce high quality software following good architecture and design principles that are scalable
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Learn and implement best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Develop new features/functionality on existing software products
- Plan and implement work under the guidance of a mentor
What we look for in you:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major
- Strong experience in applying fundamental concepts in Computer Science – Algorithms, Data Structures and computer architectures
- Experience with at least one of the following programming languages: C++ OR Java
- Keen to learn new technologies and tools
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication ability and desire to thrive in a high-growth startup environment.