Vice President of Engineering, Singapore
Singapore, Singapore /
Engineering – Management /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
As we scale rapidly, we are looking to bring on board an industry veteran who has experienced this stage and speed of growth and can lead our talented tech team in Singapore in the right direction. This individual should possess foresight, considerable organizational prowess, and a natural desire to take on challenges through innovative and unconventional methods, for you will be pivotal to the success of the company. The role will involve the following:
- Able to architect and scale our double sided platform for both ShopBack’s merchants and users
- Be a strong leader to lead and grow our Singapore Technical Hub
- Build, manage and validate Tech Roadmap for ShopBack’s product and engineering team in Singapore
- Partner with Senior Management to drive the company’s growth and development from an engineering perspective
- To have solid analytical skills and to effectively handle multiple aspects of a complex project and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Lead and mentor other highly skilled engineers, building a progressive and innovative engineering culture
- Work with multiple country teams & departments and adjust rapidly changing priorities.
- Attract, retain and develop high-quality talent to our organization
- Min Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems
- Solid knowledge in managing complex infrastructuresExcellent knowledge of microservice architecture & database architecture and optimization.
- Strong background or familiarity with reusable components and templates, customization of pipelines and events, personalization & Sitecore search like Elasticsearch.
- Familiar with some Python libraries: Pandas, Numpy, SQLAlchemy, Django, Fabric, CeleryGood at designing RDBMS database tables, indexes as well as optimizing queries.Good at using AWS services (i.e., EC2 instances, S3, ElasticCache, PostgresQL, Redshift).
- Detail-oriented and thrives working in a fast-paced environmentPassionate about learn new techniques and to mentor other team members.Strong leadership capabilities and communication skills.