Singapore, Singapore /
Engineering – Data /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
About the team:
The Data team is responsible for driving the adoption of data solutions across the company.
We focus on three main missions:
- ShopBack’s Data Governance: Whole data lifecycle ; collection, storage, manipulation, retention, disposal… As well as the respect of legal compliance and data quality
- Empower ShopBackers to make data driven decisions: Usage and manipulation of data to create metrics, insights and detect patterns and promote a data driven culture
- Deliver a smarter experience to customers and merchants: Deliver Machine Learning products to improve the shopping experience for both the customers and the merchant.
At this time, we are only able to consider candidates located ONLY in Singapore. However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for other potential opportunities in the future.
- Be the owner of key metrics of product/business and design reports/dashboards to measure and monitor key metrics of product/business so that internal teams can assess growth and be alerted to potential issues.
- Understand business/product direction and partner with stakeholders to deep dive into our data to discover insights, guide decision making and identify areas for business/product growth.
- Build a strong understanding of ShopBack’s data ecosystems within the internal teams and promote a self-service analytics culture
- 2+ years hands-on experience in Analytics or related roles, with experience in end-to-end services, which includes data gathering, analysis and scalable deliverables, preferably in a fast-moving environment with large, complex and high velocity data.
- Minimum 2 years experience in data query and manipulation using SQL and designing reports/dashboards
- Strong foundation in using Python to clean data, automate workflow and analyse data.
- Excellent communication skills to convey built data solutions to stakeholders.
- Experience in big data technologies (Spark) and cloud solutions (AWS) is a plus.