Senior Data Scientist
Data Science & Engineering
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how entrepreneurs operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 500,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
This Senior Data Scientist role is at the core of the kind of impact we can have on our merchants' day to day success. By building better models and deeper insights into our merchants behaviour we can help make more successful entrepreneurs!
You'll need to have experience with:
- Building narratives around merchant behaviour at scale using data that you collect and analyze
- Acting as a sparring partner to our product managers regarding the use of data in order to make informed product decisions
- Planning, executing and analyzing A/B experiments
- Automating recurring analysis requests
- Strong fluency in SQL and development experience with Python
It'd be great if you have:
- Technical leadership and/or management experience
- Previous experience working in Data Engineering
- Experience with statistical methods like regression, GLMs or experiment design and analysis
- Exposure to Tableau, QlikView, Mode, Matplotlib, or similar data visualization tools
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply for this job” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Sam Padilla Torres.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.