G&A - Internal Operations – Internal Operations
At Shopify, we care deeply about our people and offices. We want to create spaces that encourage Shopifolk to do their best work. In this role, you will be a leader in the design of our spaces from start to finish. We are looking for someone who will mindfully observe employees habits to understand and make decisions about everything from functional programming to furniture and finishes selection. You’ll have the opportunity to continuously redefine how we think of workspaces at Shopify.
You'll have to:
- Have 3+ years experience working in the Interior Design or Architecture field
- Care deeply about how culture, productivity and workspaces intersect
- Have proficiency with current design tools (including AutoCAD + 3D modelling programs)
- Thrive on change and be comfortable with doing things unconventionally
- Have strong opinions, weakly held
- Be extremely organized with great prioritization skills
- Have amazing communication skills
IT'D BE GREAT IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience in Graphic Design
- Experience programming spaces meant for 500+ people
YOU'LL BE WORKING ON THINGS LIKE:
- User experience research - understanding and then advocating for the end user (our employees) is a core piece of this role
- Preparing mock ups or models for small projects
- Special projects to improve the efficiency of the team
- Functional programming for our space
- Selecting furniture and finishes
- Meeting with architects and construction team several times per week
- Design approvals
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of Shopify, click the “Apply” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Courtney Burdette.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.