Lead Data Scientist - Marketing
Data Science & Engineering
Our Data Science Team provides strategic advice, reporting, and causal analysis to all areas of Shopify. As a Marketing Data Science Lead, you will be leading a team of Data Scientists and closely partnering with our Marketing teams. Your role will be to support your team by helping them grow and learn. Together you’ll leverage our massive data assets to inject as much data-driven insight into all aspects of our products as possible.
Working with Shopify’s Marketing team, you will use your experience in digital analytics, along with your ability to work with information from multiple sources, to identify trends and opportunities. Your efforts will contribute to the overall goal of improving Shopify’s online experience. We move fast, so it will be important to keep up-to-date with advanced analytics trends. Passion for improving your own knowledge and skills is a must.
Things you’ll need to succeed in this role:
- Analytics expertise -- You've done enough regressions and experiments that you know when results just don't "feel" right and you've missed a confounding effect. You've built enough success metrics that you can differentiate signal from noise.
- Well-balanced skills -- You are equal parts technical and functional! You are equally comfortable and effective at presenting to technical or business leaders.
- Team Development – You’ll need a demonstrated track record of attracting top data science talent, developing those people to make them even better, and managing the growth of teams.
It'd be great if you have:
- Experience with some combination of Python, SQL, R, Matlab, or Spark
- Experience with Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Have worked with marketing teams in the past
- Experience with survival analysis, LTV models, GLMs, or customer-acquisition models
- Exposure to Tableau, QlikView, Mode, Matplotlib, or similar data visualization tools
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply for this job” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Sam Padilla Torres.