Lead Data Scientist
Data Science & Engineering
At Shopify, we recognize that after our people, our most important asset is our data. With over 10+ years of aggregate ecommerce data, we are driven by the potential insights that our data can provide. Our 600,000+ merchants process over $72 billion in gross merchant volume through our platform, and depend on us to deliver insights that enable them to grow their business.
We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist to own the data strategy and integration around an important product line at Shopify. Working closely with the product team, you and your team will help to drive optimization in this area through the development of machine learning models that are scaled across our 600,000+ merchants. Your team will also provide valuable insights to the product team in order to help them build and improve new features.
You’ll Need To Have:
- Technical leadership and/or management experience (you'll enjoy doing both). You can jump into the code to the level that your subordinates admire and respect, but are also interested in developing people and capacity for your team.
- Strong background in machine learning including experience implementing models at scale
- Extensive experience using Python (including scikit-learn) or similar languages
- Extensive experience analyzing data using SQL
It'd be great if you have:
- Previous experience using Spark
- Experience with statistical methods like regression, GLMs or experiment design and analysis
- Exposure to Tableau, QlikView, Mode, Matplotlib, or similar data visualization tools
If you’re interested in helping Shopify shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Solmaz.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.