Business Process Analyst - Shopify Plus
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like RedBull, GE, Boll and Branch, P&G, Kanye West, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We are in hyper-growth, and this is where you come in.
The Business Operations team is responsible for enabling and empowering our Merchant-facing teams. Our mission is to help increase Merchant-facing time and value by supporting our people, processes and systems. Think of us as the team behind the scenes making things happen. The Business Operations team is quickly evolving and fast moving, which means we need to work smart to identify and solve problems early. To do that, we’re looking for an experienced Business Process Analyst to help enable our teams deliver an exceptional customer experience.
The role will be based out of Waterloo, ON. The posting will be available until September 14th at 12pm EDT and all candidates will hear back shortly thereafter.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Project and Process Management:
- Supporting and managing cross-functional projects from inception to completion.
- Ensuring high quality of delivery.
- Measuring and communicating results and business impact.
- Defining and adjusting business processes as required and the resources needed to execute.
- Identifying opportunities for efficiency.
- Performing administrative functions concerned with projects. For example, organizing meetings, taking meeting notes and sending out communications as required.
- Capturing and providing transparency to project plans, status, and issues to project teams, stakeholders and the Senior Leadership Team.
- Keeping a pulse on upcoming changes in the business and provide operational support as required.
- Determining the downstream impact of change to workflows and behaviours and work with stakeholders to maximize user adoption.
- Maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders, having high-trust batteries, including Individual Contributors and Leads. Identify potential misalignments of stakeholder & BizOps priorities.
- Driving projects to continuously improve the operational efficiency and success of the teams whom you support.
- Administration & Operational Maintenance:
- Completing routine operational/administrative tasks in a timely manner, while collaborating with the BizOps team and ensuring compliance.
- Auditing current guidelines and processes to find opportunities for improvement; liaising with the relevant stakeholders to implement recommendations.
- Supporting/troubleshooting business maintenance requirements, including contract signing, billing and renewal processes.
- Managing the intake process from our customer-facing teams and internal partners. Respond in timely manner by troubleshooting and taking required action.
- Utilizing critical thinking and analytical skills to assess the short and long term results of a project or initiative.
Requirements for the role:
- Experience in an administrative and/or project coordinator role. Strong business acumen & analytical skills to effectively work with cross-functional leads.
- Strong excel and reporting knowledge. Professional Salesforce.com experience an asset.
- High attention to detail and a laser focus on the task at hand.
- Ability to gate-keep, handle and prioritize requests from all parts of the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication, as well as relationship building skills.
- Learner mentality - ambition to find new opportunities to grow yourself and those around you.
- Results driven–always. Must be willing to do what it takes to make each project or task a success. All within a healthy work-life balance!
- Understanding of project/program management techniques and stakeholder management.
- Be genuinely excited about Business Operations and solving customer problems.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Melissa is looking forward to reading your application.