Senior iOS Developer- Marketing Technology
R&D – Engineering
Shopify created the Marketing Technology group to lower the barrier for merchants to find customers, drive sales and have success. We are building the tools and technology to simplify marketing for all Shopify merchants. We’ve built a virtual employee to execute merchants’ daily marketing tasks, an AI-powered marketing recommendation engine, and a central workspace where merchants can create campaigns, track their performance, and learn what works best.
Our team is looking to evolve how our merchants do marketing in Shopify. You’ll be responsible for working as part of a cross-functional team to build innovative marketing technology for Shopify’s merchants to find customers, drive sales, and grow their business.
We've redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services both online and offline. We continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets. Come join us!
The tools you will use include:
- Cocoa design patterns
- Unit testing/automated testing
- Experience developing in iOS (using Swift)
- Experience with client-server architecture
- Experience building complex applications with a large user-base
It would be great if you had experience with:
- React native
- Familiarity with backend technologies (Ruby on Rails)
- Continuous integration/delivery
You will be working on things like:
- Campaign management and integration with marketing platforms such as Google Shopping and Facebook Ads
- Porting web features to native implementations
- Increase the mobile presence across our multi-channels product line
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Closing date: Monday, September 30th at 9pm EDT.