Waterloo - Office
Shopify Plus is making the complexities of commerce simple for the fastest growing, most ambitious brands in the world. We power companies like Allbirds, FashionNova, Purple Mattress, GymShark, RebeccaMinkoff, P&G, Kanye West, and Kylie Cosmetics to realize their ambitions. We believe that our customers should love their commerce platform—and that our platform should help them reinvent their industries. As strategic thought leaders and technology innovators, we are also in a state of hyper-growth. This is where you come in.
We’re looking for a Creative Director to join the Shopify Plus team in Waterloo, Canada. You’ll be joining Shopify Plus at a pivotal moment in our 100-year journey to make commerce better for everyone. As Creative Director, you’ll help brand and market a global product that empowers businesses to push the boundaries of commerce. You’ll own Shopify Plus branding across the entire customer journey, from awareness throughout the product experience. You’ll raise the bar for what it means to think bigger.
Informed by research and data, our UX team at Shopify Plus tells the story of our brand while solving complex problems. We own our projects from start to finish and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of marketers, developers, product managers, content strategists, and researchers to deliver the best possible experience. We’re passionate about our craft, and we want you to make us even better.
You’ll get to work on:
- Leading and inspiring the world’s best creative team of designers, developers, copywriters, and project managers to attract world-class talent
- Shaping the story and creative voice for the Shopify Plus brand
- Directing and stewarding our brand identity to ensure cohesiveness across all customer touch points, including internal communications
- Providing visual creative and conceptual direction for digital, video, email, social media, advertising, experiential, swag, and more
- Collaborating with insights teams to create user test plans and synthesize findings to inform decision making and measure outcomes
- Partnering with teams through the lifecycle of campaigns, events, and other marketing tactics and channels
- Leading the way we build intuitive user experiences across all marketing efforts by putting the customer experience first
- Managing priorities, developing effective processes, and partnering with leaders across all levels
- Building strong relationships and communicating with leadership across the company
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have 8+ years of experience as a creative leader at top-tier design-driven companiesYou understand and care about the big picture as much as the smallest pixel
- You’ve built and led large (25+ people) multidisciplinary teams, including design, copywriting, project management, and leadership
- You have experience partnering with agencies to get world-class resultsYou lead from the front, with a vision and strategy for the future that delivers today
- Your teams consistently ship high-impact work that balances beautiful design with attention to detail
- You have experience using data and research to inform decision making and measure outcomes
- You’re a leader first, and a design leader second.
- You are a forerunner in the design community, building thought leadership inside your organization and beyond
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills that persuade and inspire others
Want to help us shape the future of commerce? Send us your resume, including some of the work that does you proud. Whatever represents what you do best.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.