Recruiting Lead, Europe
HR & Culture
Shopify is built by outstanding people. Our goal is to constantly find the best talent to better the teams at Shopify and help us make commerce better for everyone. The Talent Acquisition team is involved in designing high-impact teams by partnering with our business at every stage of the hiring process. We believe in creative and innovative approaches to candidate engagement while never losing sight of our deep care for candidate experience, diversity and inclusion.
We are looking for an experienced recruitment leader to build and expand our presence in Europe across multiple disciplines and business lines. The successful candidate for this role will be passionate about people and curious about how they thrive and grow in their workplace, their careers and their lives.
As a coach, mentor and leader, you care about the development goals of the people who choose to join your team and you are willing and able to listen and learn. You are data-informed and have the ability to forecast future needs in partnership with partners in HR and business leaders to plan for near and long term growth. In this role, you will make a huge impact on hiring for Shopify as you work to define and grow our employer brand.
Experience comes in many different forms. At Shopify, it's not about years of experience, it's about the quality of experience and innovative thinking you bring to the role.
You will need to have:
- Experience building and expanding the recruitment function of a fast-changing company while leading a high-performing talent acquisition team.
- Led hiring for a company expanding across multiple new markets and locations.
- A strong interest in technology and entrepreneurship. Ideally you’ve recruited for technical roles in the past.
- Collaboration, communication and listening skills. You are hungry for context and information.
- The ability to excel working with a high degree of autonomy.
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Katie is an actual real live person (👋🏻) and is looking forward to learning more about you and your interest in joining our team.