Gold Solutions Engineer - International Team
Launched in July 2017, Shopify Gold was created to make enterprise commerce in India simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need to become successful here in India. Shopify Gold is helping power commerce for many high growth companies such as Royal Enfield, John Jacobs, Alicia Souza, and The Man Company. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We are in hyper-growth, and this is where you come in.
As Shopify Gold expands, we will need passionate problem solvers like you to help us create solutions for these exciting brands. This is a chance to see your work directly impact the growth and success of our Shopify Gold Merchants. As a subject matter expert on the Shopify Gold platform, you’ll be building and implementing technical changes, and coaching our merchants on industry best practices. You’ll be working closely with our Account Management and Sales Teams to ensure a seamless merchant journey from pre sales through launch.
The Gold Solution Engineer position is a client facing role and will be based in Bangalore, working side by side with our Account Managers, Sales Team and International RnD Team.
- Providing support to our current Shopify Gold sales, account management, and partner teams via emails, and if needed, jumping on the phone or even in person meetings with clients
- Working to help vet and close deals from a technical requirements perspective for both our Enterprise Sales team and development partners/agencies
- Working with our designers to ship landing pages
- Deploying integrations to Shopify’s code for select features to help our Gold customers
- Running in person workshops to develop our India based partners
- Assisting with in-depth technical questions about Shopify features and API
- Exploring creative ways to develop on the platform
Requirements for the role
- Great troubleshooting and analytical skills
- A strong ability to manage your own time productively
- Experience working in an application ecosystem and integrating technologies
- Strong API knowledge. You must be able understand API documentation, use a REST client and know how to conceptualize an API solution.
- A desire to learn, master and teach our growing Enterprise Customers and Agencies
- Willingness to accept challenges and tackle tough issues head-on
- A great phone presence that includes an awesome sense of humour
- Familiarity with version control systems (git/Github is a plus)
- A curious mind for how things work and what makes them tick, an affinity for helping and teaching customers, and a constant thirst to learn about the next best thing
- Experience with Liquid. You won't need to make a Shopify theme but you should know how to make changes and know what's possible with our themes.
- Knowledge of best practices for UX & UI
- Be comfortable using browser developer tools to debug front-end bugs
- Building Shopify stores, either for yourself or clients
- Experience developing Chrome Extensions and/or custom apps
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Sandeep is looking forward to reading your application and your interest in helping shape the future of commerce in India!