General Manager of Financial Solutions
Money. How it’s exchanged, saved, kept secure, invested and grown is at the core of every business. Yet managing it can be the most barrier-ridden, complex, challenging aspect of running a business.
Shopify plans to change that.
We have the opportunity to become the central financial solution for our merchants. Shopify has already redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. Now it’s time to redefine financial services. With over 820,000 merchants operating in 175 countries, we have the data, insights and economies of scale. We’re already building foundational solutions like merchant capital and Shopify payments and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for an executive that’s able to balance a deep product understanding with sound commercial expertise. This is an incredibly unique opportunity and we need a visionary leader with a history of leading and executing on world class financial solutions. Today you may be at a large financial services company driving change at scale; or you may be leading a fintech start-up.
You’ll be doing things like:
- Setting the vision, strategic direction and roadmap for Shopify’s financial solutions offering
- Rally and build a cross-functional team of R&D (engineering, UX and product management) and commercial leaders that will realize the vision
- Forge and nurture key partnerships amongst partner organizations
- Build relationships across Shopify to better understand the problems we’re solving and opportunities for collaboration
- Discover uncharted territory as we build, adapt and localize product in new international markets
- Leverage a team of data scientists to inform your decision-making
You’ll need to have:
- A background in financial services, with a specific focus on fintech; ideally with direct experience in payments processing globally
- A senior leadership track record of building and enabling high-impact teams
- Influential and strategic communicator with the ability to leverage deep industry contacts to develop and advance key partnerships
- Strong experience in complex negotiations
- An understanding of macro economics and capital markets
- Highly self aware and open to the perspectives of others