Software Backend Developer - PHP
The Oberlo App is powered by Shopify, which allows entrepreneurs to search and find products to sell online. It enables anyone to start a business without worrying about inventory. Over the last two years, we have helped thousands of entrepreneurs sell over 100 million products.
We’re looking for a dedicated, methodical, and versatile backend engineer with experience and passion for solving tough problems with scalable high performance code. We need someone who can quickly adapt to shifting approaches, situations, and priorities. You will need to be able to work in a team with fellow engineers to create a highly scalable, distributed web application that serves millions of requests a day.
Does this sound like you?
- 5+ years of work experience as a back end developer
- 3+ years experience with MVC frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, Rails, Django ...)
- Understanding of both relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Profound understanding of Object Oriented / modular programming
- Experience with Cloud Providers (Amazon AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge about TDD, BDD, DDD
- Basic knowledge of JS frameworks (Vue2, React, Angular or similar)
- Experience with Git
- Ability to create RESTful WebServices
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly explain complex technical issues to all level team members
- Fluent English
- You are a lifelong learner. You are constantly teaching yourself new things and you love learning from others.
- Work in an international company with offices in Vilnius, Berlin, Ottawa and Shenzhen
- Work in a dynamic environment where new features in large scale product are being created regularly
- Work in an experienced smart and friendly team
- Take full responsibility from day one, a steep learning curve is guaranteed
- Grow your career and competencies working in an environment where learning is paramount and not restricted by budgets or reporting
- Freedom to make your own decisions
- Openness for new technologies
- Work with the latest technology tools and newest Macbook
- Flexible working hours and a competitive compensation package
How to Apply
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application.