Staff Developer- Shopify Marketing
R&D – Engineering
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform that empowers entrepreneurs all around the world to build and grow their businesses. Our engineering teams are building at scale and shaping the future of commerce.
We’re looking for dedicated and versatile software developers with a passion for solving tough problems with performant code. Our teams deploy new code many times a day, and our production scale is massive. We ship quality solutions and thousands of merchants will see your work within seconds – a tough but incredibly rewarding responsibility. We are building solutions for millions of merchants big and small worldwide, who in turn support billions of buyers.
This role will focus on building out measurement platforms to ensure merchants understand the impact of their different marketing or sales channels on their business. For instance a sales channel is a digital or physical site the merchant lists their products for sale, and a marketing channel is where they promote their products to engage their audience and increase awareness/sales/loyalty.
You will lead the technical design and implementation of how we build a system to enable measurement and attribution for marketing and sales efforts across many different channels and publishers. This includes how we scale the back-end services, to how we represent data for merchants.
You will partner with other teams at Shopify, including our data science and platform engineering teams.
Requirements for the Role:
- Experience leading and guiding technical teams and delivering highly impactful cross-team/company products, keeping them focused and on task, while also collaborating and actively engaged in programming
- Experience with metrics focused products, and working with Big Data
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented (or OO) principles and fluency in at least one OO language
- Comfortable with relational databases and SQL (we mostly use MySQL)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, or the desire to learn it quickly
- A mindset for long-term solutions coupled with a love of your craft and a curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience with basic web development (we mostly use React)
- Experience with GraphQL, or Kafka, or Bigtable
- Experience building resilient and scalable services
- A history of contributing to our community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking, or organizing
- A passion for helping growing development teams and making others better
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application!