Lead Data Scientist - Plus
Waterloo - Office
R&D – Data Science & Engineering
Shopify Plus is the fastest growing enterprise Saas platform in the world, supporting the most innovative, and most complex retailers and merchants on Earth. At Shopify Plus, our merchants are some of the biggest and fastest growing businesses in history. We power companies like Allbirds, FashionNova, Purple Mattress, GymShark, RebeccaMinkoff, P&G, Kanye West, and Kylie Cosmetics to realize their ambitions. Ecobee, Nestle, Rebecca Minkoff, Budweiser, and Harley-Davidson are merchants that have seen the value Shopify Plus brings to their businesses through our understanding of commerce at scale. Shopify Plus is making the complexities of commerce simple for the fastest growing, most ambitious brands in the world.
With access to massive amounts of data and great passion to our craft, we have a big mission and we are working hard to realize it. We are on the lookout for a Data Science Lead for our Shopify Plus teams in Waterloo, Canada. We are in a state of hyper-growth and you’ll be joining Shopify Plus at a pivotal moment in our 100-year journey to make commerce Smarter for everyone. The Shopify Plus data science team is focused on building data products that surface insights and intelligence to our internal Shopify teams, merchants, partners, and buyers. We collaborate closely with a multidisciplinary team of marketers, developers, product managers, UXers, and UX researchers to realize our mission
Feel free to read more about Shopify plus here.
You’ll Need To Have:
- Technical leadership and/or people leadership experience
- Experience shipping data products, reiterating after launch and trying again.
- Extensive experience using Python (including scikit-learn) or similar languages
- Extensive experience analyzing data using SQL
- Strong understanding of enterprise-level commerce and its complexities.
- Leading and inspiring a multidisciplinary team, providing direction and advocacy.
- Strong ability for prioritization and communication.
It'd be great if you have:
- Previous experience using Spark
- Experience with statistical methods like regression, GLMs or experiment design and analysis
- Exposure to Tableau, QlikView, Mode, Matplotlib, or similar data visualization tools
If you’re interested in helping Shopify shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Ella.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Friday June 7th - 9am EDT.