Workforce Planning Manager
Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo
There are quite a few things that go into making our entire Support team a well-oiled machine. The Workforce Planning team play a key part within this machine and as our team is growing, we need an expert Workforce Planning Manager.
The largest responsibility is scheduling our entire Support team that operate 24/7/365. That means handling everything that ranges from processing requests to planning our future strategies. We want someone who is a stickler for detail and definitely looks into all the information at hand before actioning on anything. There is more. Forecasting is another vital component to this role. Understanding the ebbs and flows of our multi-lingual support through a 24-hour time period and how that changes month over month is crucial for success.
Your success in this role is making sure you can identify how our Support team can be effectively staffed to meet the needs of Shopify Merchants who contact us around the clock. You also need to make sure that Support management has the insight into your work and the tools to manage the teams effectively. It is a collective effort towards excellence in supporting our merchants.
You'll bring to the table:
- Experience in a similar role with a team in excess of 500 people (ideally globally spanning many timezones, or in a contact centre)
- Experience using a Workforce Management tool. (ex. Teleopti, Aspect, Total View)
- A strategic and proactive mind. You're not afraid to bring new ideas to the table.
- Fantastic people lead experience. You love to lead, coach, and develop others.
- A "we're all in it together" mentality. You love working on a team.
- Advanced Google Sheets/Excel knowledge is a must. Big formulas should not frighten you.
- A strong sense of urgency around your work, investment in the team, the company and Shopify merchants, and the ability to hold yourself accountable to the highest standard of excellence.
You'll get to:
- Be a key contributor towards staffing growth projections by scheduling a large and growing team that operates across a multi-lingual and multi-channel operation 24/7/365.
- Make real time allocation adjustments among the live channel schedules to adjust for changes in projected load and optimize the workforce for the day and re-adjust forecasts when there is a strong deviation.
- Advise on team growth allocation, location, project priorities.
- Build and manage monthly schedules for the Customer Success Support team.
- Schedule vacation allowances and communicate effectiveness for vacation approval. Making sure that vacations won’t impact quality on support.
- Track, monitor and analyze fluctuations in number of staff. Large focus towards planned and unplanned shrinkage.
- Offer strategies for dealing with planned and unplanned team shrinkage. We encourage you to bring your strategic ideas to the table!
- Analyze and report on trends affecting the load, capacity and effectiveness of the support team.
- Work with the Support Leadership team and attend/lead daily or weekly meetings on the topics of: staffing review, forecast and scheduling analytics, performance - forecasted and actual, efficiency, load and capacity, risk identification and more.
How to Apply:
Step #1: Click "Apply Now"
Step #2: Please send us your most up to date resume & cover letter. Address your cover letter to "Kaeli".
Step #3: Complete the Quick Question.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.