Senior Product Analyst - Shopify Plus
R&D - Data – Data & Analytics
Shopify Plus brings to our enterprise merchants the scalability, resiliency, and beauty of design offered to every merchant on the Shopify platform, and expands this core offering to include features sought by businesses with global reach and high customer volume. Merchants such as Tesla, Redbull, Budweiser, Ellen Degeneres, Kanye West, and Kylie Jenner have seen the value Shopify Plus brings to their business through our care and understanding of the particular challenges faced at this scale and have put their trust in us.
We are building specific product features for our Plus merchants: managing flash sales, automating workflows within Shopify admin, or the wholesale channel allowing our merchants to sell in bulk volume. These products, and the next wave, need support from a senior product analyst. Using data, you will tell the product team what can be improved, what should be prioritized, and how to power features using data. This role offers the opportunity to have direct impact on the success of Shopify Plus and the products it ships.
As our newest analyst, you’ll be paired with the Plus product managers and become their embedded sparring partner. You’ll bring their assumptions to light, answer their questions with data (sometimes even before they are asked), and help define and measure key metrics. Things move at an incredible pace here and you will see yourself stretch and grow more than you ever thought possible, honing your craft and constantly learning along the way.
More about who you are and the experiences and skills you’ll bring to the role:
- Well-informed and thoughtful opinions that can only be formed through years of experience in product analytics
- A strong background in SQL
- The ability to write clean and well documented code in Python
- A thorough understanding of statistics
- Experience working with large data sets: to clean, structure, normalize, and build data models as a foundation for generating insights and building smart data products
- Such familiarity with building ETLs that you can do it in your sleep
- A comfort with saying no when necessary, active listening, and the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- Experience working on cross-functional projects with stakeholders from multiple teams
It’d be nice if you have experience with:
- Machine learning
- Spark and Hive
- Working at an internet company, with bonus points if you’ve worked in a SaaS environment
- Previous experience with visualisation software would be helpful including Tableau, Mode.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Danee.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.