Shopify Dev Degree - 2021
Americas - Canada /
R&D – Engineering /
Shopify's Dev Degree program is a computer science degree unlike any other. Our innovative work-integrated learning model provides hands-on experience across a breadth of disciplines and teams, giving you the confidence to jump-start your future. Throughout your journey, our technical mentors and support team will guide, evaluate, and provide actionable feedback, so you can confidently grow.
In your first year, you'll focus on developer skill training. In years two, three, and four, you'll work across different high-demand development disciplines and products. Each year, your University studies work in parallel with your Shopify training and placements. Learn more about life as a Dev Degree student and our approach to development and success.
More information about our applications process and more can be found on our Admissions and FAQ pages.
We understand that everyone has different experiences, many skills are transferable, and that passion goes a long way. We have a deep appreciation of everyone's perspective and encourage everyone to apply. Diversity in experience makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why previous programming experience is not required for Dev Degree!
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
The final deadline to submit all three stages of your application is **Sunday, February 14th at 11:59 PM in your local time**. Applications will not be accepted after this date and time.
Applications submitted before **Sunday, January 17th at 11:59 PM in your local time** will be eligible for early consideration. If you are completing an OUAC 105 and are eligible for early consideration, we will notify you whether you will be moving forward in the selection process before the OUAC 105 deadline of March 1st.
Timelines of decision will be clearly communicated to candidates by their Recruiter throughout the process and you will always hear back from us. Please remember to check your spam inbox to ensure that you don't miss any emails.
1. Shopify is now digital by default. The world is changing and we’re changing with it. Digital by default is about building new ways of connecting, collaborating, and building relationships- and friendships- and it’s about pulling the future forward with confidence and conviction. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
2. After your application, you'll be asked to complete a voluntary diversity survey. This is to help ensure that we are connecting with people across all dimensions of diversity. Your survey completion and information will not impact your application. Most importantly, the personal information collected in the survey will be completely anonymized and not linked to your name or application. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Fields such as "Current company", "Skype Username URL", "LinkedIn URL", "Github URL", and "Portfolio URL" are optional fields and not necessary to submit a complete application.
4. Please determine whether you will complete an Ontario Universities' Application Centre 101 or 105 form
5. After completing Stage 1, you will receive an email from the Dev Degree team with a link to complete your Personal Statement and Computational Questions. (These emails are sent out on a weekly basis)
Thank you for considering the Dev Degree program to jump-start your future. We know that university applications take a lot of effort and consideration and we truly value and appreciate your time.
Interested, but not ready to apply?
Join the Shopify Talent Community for external candidates to learn more about Shopify by clicking here.