Senior Analytics Developer, Merchant Data
R&D – Data Science & Engineering
At Shopify, we empower 1,000,000 entrepreneurs all over the world. We're looking for hard-working, passionate people to help us make commerce better. For over 10 years we have been super driven when it comes to using data insights to help make our merchants more successful.
With billions of customer visits and 10 years of aggregate data, Shopify generates and manages vast amounts of data. Our goal is to unlock the value of our massive volume of data for our merchants through projects like realtime sales reporting, building a unified marketing attribution system, or predicting inventory needs for our merchants.
That's why we are building a series of high-quality data sets to support these decision makers. To do this, we’re looking for analytics developers to build merchant facing data models to help Shopify merchants succeed.
You'll need to have:
- Experience with software design patterns, code review, test-driven development etc.
- Experience writing reliable and optimized pipelines for Big Data ETL systems such as Spark, Flink, or Beam.
- Experience leading time-sensitive projects with many stakeholders, solving problems beyond your scope.
- Experience mentoring others with high standards and technical expertise.
It'd be nice if you have:
- Experience building customer-facing analytics applications.
- Experience with dimensional modelling concepts including facts, dimensions, and star schemas.
- Experience conducting dimensional modelling interviews and designing models from the business questions.
- Experience with site reliability engineering, designing SLOs, and writing on-call playbooks.
- Experience with streaming systems such as Kafka, Spark Structured Streaming, Flink or Beam.
You'll be working on:
- The design and development of our new incremental, stateful stream processing data pipeline.
- Understanding the reporting needs of the consumer of the data, design new dimensional models, and implementing ETLs using our data pipeline.
- Build tooling for monitoring, preventative maintenance, and increasing the impact of those building models.
If you’re interested in helping Shopify shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.