Production Engineering - Edgescale - Domains and Notifications
As part of the Shopify Production Engineering organization, the Edgescale - Domains and Notifications team has the mandate to architect, build and maintain the domains, email and TLS infrastructure.
Our recent focus has included supporting our Kubernetes migration, email infrastructure improvements and automating TLS certificate provisioning. To meet these demands at scale, we use technologies such as Kubernetes and have recently deployed custom controllers to facilitate automatic provisioning of TLS certificates and DNS configuration for externally exposed services.
You'll need to have:
- Good programming instincts - especially with Ruby or Go - but other languages work
- An interest in infrastructure as code, and infrastructure automation
- An interest in systems architecture and engineering
It'd be great if you have:
- Experience with domain registration, DNS, email infrastructure, or TLS certificates
- Experience developing monitoring, tooling and alerting for high scale, high availability systems
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Terraform
- Ruby on Rails experience
You'll be working on:
- Automating domains, DNS and TLS certificate infrastructure
- Scaling and improving Shopify’s outbound email infrastructure
- Improving merchants’ email experience
How to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply For This Job” button to submit your application. Be sure to address your cover letter to Charles in the additional info section and tell him why you think you'd be great for the role.