Senior Product Designer - Remote, France
France Remote /
R&D – UX - Design /
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Shopify’s International Growth team’s mission is to make commerce better for everyone... everywhere! Making Shopify better for merchants around the world brings deeply interesting UX challenges across behaviours, language, currency & trade, and ultimately, culture. We’re on the lookout for people who are excited to work on hard problems at a global scale in a friendly and collaborative environment. If this sounds familiar, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Senior Product Designer on our France team, you’ll be the team’s design expert, and an advocate for our merchants in France. You’ll work on a multidisciplinary team, own projects from start to finish, collaborate with researchers, designers and developers, and focus on delivering the best possible experience for our merchants. We believe in testing, iterating, and in giving people the room to experiment and grow.
Passion and curiosity go a long way. Even if you aren’t able to check every box below, please still consider applying.
- Improve the experience of merchants in France. You’ll own projects from start to finish, while participating in various UX initiatives including workshops to define and explore merchant problems, content mapping, sketching, wireframing, low and high fidelity prototyping, and stakeholder reviews.
- Help your team develop empathy for our merchants in France and advocate for our merchants’ needs. Data and qualitative research insights are two of the many tools you will use to help inform your work.
- Collaborate with different disciplines. You’ll work closely with engineers, product managers, researchers, content strategists, and front-end developers to explore, build, and ship your designs.
- Act as the design expert on your team. Not only will you use your exceptional craft knowledge for design work, you will also provide feedback to your peers from other disciplines to help strengthen your team and Shopify as a whole. You’ll help your teammates build context, strong decision making skills, and empathy for our merchants.
- Ship valuable and high-quality work without sacrificing speed.
Requirements for this Role:
- Native-level or very fluent French speaker, with a strong understanding of commerce in France
- Passion for solving core product problems while balancing all facets of a user experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design)
- Experience working on SaaS products for the French market. Any experience working on products in the commerce industry would be a plus.
- Ability to work autonomously and be the design expert in your team
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, journey mapping, content modeling, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centred design solutions
- Experience collaborating closely with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, content, and research
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Github, etc.
- A portfolio of (live) projects you’ve worked on
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best. Please make out your cover letter to Leah. We hope to hear from you soon!
Closing date: Friday September 18th at 15:00 CEST
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.