Senior Mobile Software Developer - Shipping Services
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform, with no plans on slowing down.
We’re massively scaling what shipping and fulfillment means to the hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs and businesses that use Shopify and we need developers to make that happen. This is a role where you can think big! What is the future of logistics? How can Shopify deliver the best merchant and consumer experience on the planet?
We’re looking for a mobile developer with a passion for solving tough problems with performant code. You’ll be working with our Shipping Services team at our HQ in Ottawa. We ship on quality instead of on time. Our teams deploy new code many times a day, and our production scale is massive. We’re talking hundreds of thousands of online stores, and hundreds of millions of requests a day – a tough but incredibly rewarding responsibility.
The🛠's you will use include: Kotlin, Java, Ruby on Rails, Android Studio, GraphQL and more! We don’t expect you to know all, or any, of those when you apply, but get ready to learn!
Technical skills we’d like you to have:
- Familiarity with the Android mobile platform.
- Passion for mobile software development.
- Knowledge of the Android architecture, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Familiarity with Kotlin or Java, or the desire to learn it quickly.
To set yourself apart, tell us about:
- A project or a role you’ve made a big impact in.
- Professional experience in app development.
- Do you have a published app?
- Your passion for, and experience with, teaching or mentoring.
- Technical achievements above and beyond expectations of the job.
- Involvement in open source projects or communities.
- Adventures in entrepreneurship and/or commerce.
You’ll be doing things like:
- Collaborating with other Shopify developers and external partners to provide the best shipping experience for merchants.
- Fixing bugs fast and taking your time to solve hard problems well.
- Contributing back to the open source community.
- Learning and growing constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better.
- Designing and building innovative features that are driven by web scale data.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of shipping at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application.
If your CV speaks for itself, that’s fine, but we’re always interested in knowing more - so feel feel to include a cover letter addressed to Chris.