Customer Success Retail Guru
The Customer Success Retail Guru role provides you the tools and support you need to help empower entrepreneurs in person, in your local community, as well as those around the world through our support channels. As a Customer Success Retail Guru you will be providing support via various channels at our DTLA location.
You will be working 1:1 with our merchants at our DTLA Shopify location, helping them set up their hardware kits and work through retail issues they may face. Beyond 1:1’s, you will be working in the office space of Shopify LA to provide support via live chats, emails and on occasions, via phone. There is a strong, established remote work culture within Shopify Support, and by having the opportunity to work with merchants in person and remotely, you will become a part of it. After all, we help businesses thrive and grow, so we want you too as well!
A few more details:
We keep it real - it's not just about troubleshooting or tech support, it's people support. It won’t always be easy, but if you're resourceful, ask questions, and enjoy having genuine human conversations, you may have just found your dream team.
We’re business coaches - we don’t just solve problems, we help businesses grow and thrive. Our team doesn’t do pushy sales, but we do strive for needs-based sales solutions to help merchants get on the right Shopify plan to scale their business and succeed.
We work together - although the role of Retail Guru is different than our Remote Gurus located in cities all over the world, you will still be connected to the larger Guru community and have access to the same level of support and resources. We may not be in the same cities, but we act like it. We’ve invested in small remote teams and strong communication tools to ensure you have the resources to succeed in your role at Shopify --- no matter what city you are in!
What you’ll get to do:
- Work closely with merchants in scheduled 1:1 sessions (coaching, skill development, providing resources - teaching people about the platform)
- Answer various questions from merchants about Shopify and how it works
- Present a variety of scripted workshops with scheduled Q&A time
- Create a safe, inviting and collaborative environment for entrepreneurs, merchants, and consumers
- Set up retail hardware in person with the merchant
- Develop and sustain a vast knowledge of the local retail and merchant community
- Be a Shopify Ambassador, representing Shopify in a positive and professional manner
- Work closely with merchants through live chats and emails
You'll need to (in no particular order):
- Be proficient with technology
- Care about the details & be empathetic
- Have a track record of being resourceful and getting sh*t done
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable with public speaking, delivering talks
- Work well with people in person (e.g. strike up a conversation without needing a prompt)
- Care about the customer/merchant experience
- Quick problem solving skills & ability to work under pressure
- Be adaptable and open to change
- Be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Be able to work full-time (40 hours per week)
- Be eligible to work in the United States in Los Angeles, California
It'd be great if you have:
- A background or interest in business, marketing, retail, or sales
- Experience working in, managing or owning a retail business
- Worked at tradeshows, conferences or other events at previous companies
Here's how to apply:
Step #1: Please send us your most up to date resume & include your cover letter in the ‘additional info’ section explaining why you want to be a Guru. Address your cover letter to Ashley.
Step #2: Complete the technical scenario question in your own words as though you are explaining this to someone who does not know how.
Step #3: Last, but certainly not least, have a blast diving into the ‘Getting To Know You’ questions on the next page by clicking Apply Now. Be authentic, honest and enthusiastic! We want to get to know you :)
If we'd like to move you to the next phase of the interview process, we'll be inviting you to our Life Story interview to get to know you for 30 minutes. If you are selected to move forward to the second phase of the interview process, you will receive an email asking you to book a date and time to complete the Gauntlet interview where you'll be required to jump into a role-playing exercise with one of our team members from our Talent Growth team.
+ We highly recommend if you receive an invite to interview at Shopify that you sign-up for a free 14-day trial and create an online store to familiarize yourself with the platform as preparation for the Gauntlet.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.