Director of Business Operations and Enablement
Waterloo - Office
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best commerce platform for merchants around the globe. At Shopify Plus, our merchants are some of the biggest and fastest growing businesses in history. The problems we solve are as complex as the stakes are high. Fashion Nova, Rebecca Minkoff, Nestle, MVMT and Leesa are merchants that have seen the value Shopify Plus brings to their businesses through our understanding of commerce at scale.
Your overall team will partner with the whole of Shopify Plus to deliver tools, information, and human skills to propel our business and our merchants forward in meeting business goals. The Business Operations (“BizOps”) team drives results through strategic initiatives and operational disciplines. In addition to specific transactional roles, projects include operational plans, OKRs, dashboards & reporting, customer and competitive insights, and managing our own technology stack. The Enablement team partners with the business to impact work design, competency structures, and an array of human skills necessary to accelerate our growth. Also in scope for this role is the facilitation of of best in class knowledge management practices to help us scale and deliver value.
You are a strong and accomplished leader that is comfortable engaging and challenging executive leaders in Plus and Shopify overall, and choosing a brave path in pursuing exceptional performance.
- Lead a dynamic and growing team, creating an environment that provokes thought leadership and innovation across business operations, enablement, and knowledge management.
- Scale merchant acquisition, adoption and retention by enhancing the capabilities of our merchant-facing teams through skills development, context-sensitive insights and process automation.
- Drive highly visible projects for Plus; Work cross-functionally to structure problems, analyze opportunities (i.e. build vs. buy vs. partner), and develop solutions and actionable recommendations and results through a rigorous, data-driven process.
- Provide insights to the business through analytics and research.
- Work actively with Finance, Legal, Data, and other organizations across Shopify.
- Design and evolve the organization to reflect changing realities, including competency frameworks, hiring plans and levelling up team members along the way.
Requirements for the role:
- Proven leadership and a passion for building and scaling effective teams, including at least 10 years experience in leading other leaders.
- Strategic and proactive mindset with the ability to create a long term vision, but plan in months and ship in days with experience digging into details when required.
- Results driven, consistently operating with a strong bias for action on the right priorities.
- Flexible and adaptable with ability to work within ambiguity and a rapidly changing environment.
- Significant business acumen including comfort with financial statements & structures.
- Experience in working with the major principles of data science, analytics, and knowledge management.
- Experience in management of the major principles of sales and client/merchant success enablement.
- Strong ability to manage relationships with and influence stakeholders across the business.
- Demonstrated ability to implement business processes with the appropriate level of rigour and flexibility.
- Internalize and live Shopify’s values: Be impactful, be merchant obsessed, make great decisions quickly, thrive on change, be a constant learner and build for the long term.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Selina is looking forward to reading your application. Make sure to tell us why you think this is the right role for you!
We will be accepting applications until Monday, December 10th.