Senior UX Designer - Shipping Services
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 600,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
We're looking for senior designers to work with and guide the team that’s designing the UX experience for Shopify's global shipping & fulfillment platform. Moving physical goods from one place to another is a complex business and changing fast. Our team has already vastly improved this space for our merchants and in 2018, we’ll continue to scale rapidly on a number of fronts. Our goal is to help merchants offer the best shipping and delivery experience to their buyers at all points of the shopping journey, propelling them to sell more, while increasingly saving time and money in the process.
The wider UX team at Shopify is hands- on and obsessed with enabling commerce at a global scale. With over 250 designers, content strategists, researchers, and developers working across the company, this team has a special role in building understanding and empathy for merchants. We believe in testing, iteration, and in giving people the room to experiment and grow.
We’re always on the lookout for people who are excited to work on hard problems at a global scale in a friendly, collaborative environment. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
For this role, you'll need:
- An understanding of the end to end iterative UX product design process, including how to how to research user needs, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals.
- Passion for solving core product problems while owning all facets of a user experience (strategy, IA, interaction design and research).
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, content, research, and more.
- A deep empathy for the user.
- UI abilities shown in a portfolio of projects.
- Experience working in a fast-paced experimental or start-up environment.
- Some industry experience in shipping and fulfillment is a strong asset.
You'll be working on:
- Quickly prototyping solutions to visual and interaction problems.
- Shipping high-fidelity designs and collaborating closely with developers.
- Representing our merchants in product strategy and roadmap discussions.
- Advocating for good user experience across our teams and our platform.
- Contributing to our growing design system in an effort to cultivate a coherent look and feel across the entire Shopify platform.
- Sharing and revising your designs based on UX research, merchant interviews and peer feedback.
- Validating product ideas through experimental design and research approaches.
Tools of our trade:
- We work with industry-standard tools and software like Sketch, Invision, and good ol’ pen and paper to define work at low and high fidelity
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Jonathan is looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.