UX Lead, Partner Platform
R&D – UX - Leadership
Shopify is redefining commerce and raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products. On this mission, we partner with thousands of agencies and freelancers who build apps, customize stores and provide help to 800,000+ of our merchants.
As a partner platform UX team, we work on products that empower our partners to push the boundaries of commerce. Informed by research and data, we solve complex problems and build iteratively toward our vision. We quickly prototype solutions and ship high-fidelity designs of new features. We own our projects from start to finish and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of developers, product managers, content strategists, user researchers, and marketers to deliver the best possible experience for both our partners and merchants.
You'll be joining product and engineering leadership to be the first UX person on the Platform team based in Ottawa. In this pivotal role, you'll need to begin to grow a team, establish a strong user-centric culture, while also contributing directly to product strategy and user experience deliverables. This is an exciting opportunity for applicants who are experienced leaders who aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves and contribute directly to projects.
You'll be working on:
- Establishing a user experience vision and lead your team to achieve it iteratively by working with your peers in product management, engineering, and data science.
- Creating thorough designs through collaborative decision-making with front-end developers, engineers, researchers, content strategists, and other disciplines.
- Obtaining valid user feedback and using analytics to gain empirical evidence.
- Advocating for good user experience across our platform by representing our partners in product strategy and roadmap discussions.
- Contributing to our growing design system of patterns in an effort to cultivate a cohesive look, feel, and user experience across the entire Shopify platform.
Requirements for the Role:
- Effectively communicates design approach, methods and decisions beyond the UX team, to other organizations and stakeholders.
- Has successfully built and maintained relationships with developers and managers. Can champion the team’s ideas within the organization and beyond.
- Thinks strategically about how to roll designs out as smaller pieces to validate assumptions.
- Can both deliver and receive useful, actionable feedback regarding work, techniques or materials.
- Is proactive and doesn’t wait to be told exactly what to do, but jumps in with curiosity.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Andrey.