Business Systems Developer
At Shopify, our business operations run in the cloud and we have a diverse landscape of scalable SaaS-based applications, complemented by custom developed applications. As Shopify continues to grow, we need to scale our operations quickly. We are constantly building, rethinking, and evolving our business systems to become more efficient, generating leverage so we can do more, with less.
As a business systems developer, you’ll be part of the business systems team, focused on providing cloud-based solutions with a mission of making Business Systems better for everyone at Shopify.
Requirements for the role:
- NetSuite administration and development experience. You are a certified Netsuite Developer (and you might have the SuiteCloud Developer or Netsuite Administrator certifications to prove it!) or you have done enough work with Netsuite to call yourself an expert.
- Curiosity about business operations. You get excited about automating mundane work and a proven track record for delivering great solutions.
- Understanding about common business workflows and processes in finance. You have public company experience and appreciate the importance of internal controls.
- Careful and clear communication. You are a great listener, ask insightful questions to get all the necessary information, and know how to manage expectations.
- A collaborative approach with your team. You stay cool under pressure and look for ways to support your teammates.
- Experience with other commonly used business systems such as Workday and Salesforce.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails web application framework.
- Building a close working relationship with the functional area (Finance) and related stakeholders to gain a deep understanding of the business.
- Configuring, developing and deploying business system enhancements and changes, with a focus on Netsuite ERP, including: Suiteflow, Suitescript, SuiteTalk, Reports / Searches.
- Supporting the ongoing maintenance of our systems, including planning of upgrades and new releases.
- Documenting and managing changes to the business systems and solutions that you develop and support.
- Keeping up to date on new developments and technology in your domain of expertise.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Charles is looking forward to reading your application, so please do take the time to tell him why you believe this is the right role for you.