Computing Education Instructor 🖥 📚
R&D - Development – Engineering
The Computing Education team at Shopify is on a mission to improve how computational literacy is taught in Canada 🇨🇦 We believe computational thinking opens doors, provides useful skills, and helps solve real, complex problems that impact the world 🌎 We’re aiming to increase the diversity of those who learn and engage with computer science. CS education should be accessible to everyone!
We're looking for someone:
- With experience teaching Computer Science or as a teaching assistant for Computer Science courses.
- With experience building and developing CS course content.
- With some experience developing software in a team environment such as a company R&D project, open source project, or similar.
- With a passion for Computational Literacy
What you could be doing:
- Contributing to our full-stack education initiative, the Carleton Shopify Bachelor of Computer Science Partnership, as well as other projects in computing and diversity outreach.
- Teaching & mentoring students.
- Working with talented up and coming software developers.
- Working with experienced software developers at a vibrant and growing company.
- Learning and sharpening your own skills as you help develop others.
How to Apply📄 ➡️ 📬
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of education at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Andrea.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.