Marketing specialist - China
Marketing & Communications
Shopify is looking for a Marketing Specialist to scale our merchant base in China.
You'll be responsible for managing our user acquisition campaigns. Our marketing team covers a broad set of acquisition opportunities including: search, social, display, video and email. You’ll drive cross-functional efforts across acquisition and lifecycle marketing, working with product, engineering and analytics. You'll be a data driven growth marketer that can optimize current marketing initiatives and identify new opportunities to grow the business.
What you will be working on:
- Create, launch, monitor and optimize all paid campaigns guided by ROI targets, customer segments and the company’s business objectives. Channels including paid search, social media, offline media and other.
- Develop and maintain industry-leading intelligence around the most cost-effective acquisition channels in the marketplace and report on the campaigns result.
- Manage the user acquisition marketing budget
- Optimize user funnel conversion with data and experiments.
- Collaborate with other acquisition marketing team members to align efforts and enhance group performance.
- Work closely with SEO, Content, Social team focused on organic user acquisition methods.
Requirements for the role:
- Rich paid performance marketing experience.
- Data-oriented. You feel comfortable working with big amounts of data and you are an Excel hero.
- Ability to work in rapidly changing business environment situations and effectively negotiate to gain resolution.
- Ability to create, implement and optimize performance marketing campaigns.
- Analyze the performance of the campaigns and make proposals for further development.
- Create rigorous A/B testing strategy so that we are always learning and finding new wins.
- Manage relationships with vendors and advertising providers.
- Work closely with our UX team to create landing page and content strategies for user acquisition campaigns.
- Work closely with our Data Science and Business Analysts team to ensure decisions are data-driven and leverage user behavior to improve acquisition and retention.
- Be creative in coming up with and testing new initiatives, techniques and approaches to drive acquisition, growth and retention.
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors' activities to identify opportunities and key issues.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Fluent in English and proficient in Mandarin.
Please submit your CV in both Chinese and English. Jancy is looking forward to reading your application.