China User Acquisition Marketer
Shenzhen, China - Remote
Marketing & Communications
Shopify is looking for a User Acquisition Marketer to scale our merchant base in China.
This role is responsible for managing our user acquisition campaigns. Our marketing team covers a broad set of acquisition opportunities including: search, social, display, video and email. You’ll drive cross-functional efforts across acquisition and lifecycle marketing, working with product, engineering and analytics. You will be a data driven growth marketer that can optimize current marketing initiatives and identify new opportunities to grow the business.
What you will be working on:
- Create, launch, monitor and optimize all paid campaigns guided by ROI targets, customer segments and the company’s business objectives. Channels including paid search, social media, offline media and other.
- Develop and maintain industry-leading intelligence around the most cost-effective acquisition channels in the marketplace and report on the campaigns result.
- Manage the user acquisition marketing budget
- Optimize user funnel conversion with data and experiments.
- Collaborate with other acquisition marketing team members to align efforts and enhance group performance. Work closely with SEO, Content, Social team focused on organic user acquisition methods.
Requirements for the role:
- Rich paid performance marketing experience.
- Data-oriented. You feel comfortable working with big amounts of data and you are an Excel hero.
- Ability to work in rapidly changing business environment situations and effectively negotiate to gain resolution.
- Ability to create, implement and optimize performance marketing campaigns.
- Analyze the performance of the campaigns and make proposals for further development.
- Create rigorous A/B testing strategy so that we are always learning and finding new wins.
- Manage relationships with vendors and advertising providers.
- Work closely with our UX team to create landing page and content strategies for user acquisition campaigns.
- Work closely with our Data Science and Business Analysts team to ensure decisions are data-driven and leverage user behavior to improve acquisition and retention.
- Be creative in coming up with and testing new initiatives, techniques and approaches to drive acquisition, growth and retention.
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors' activities to identify opportunities and key issues.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Fluent in English and Proficient in Mandarin.
Please submit your CV in both Chinese and English. Jancy is looking forward to reading your application.