Data Analyst Lead
R&D - Data – Data & Analytics
We’re looking for an individual to lead our Product Analytics team in Montreal. You’ll be helping the product teams to discover new opportunities and prioritize development. As a Product Analytics Lead you will be leading a team of Data Analysts. Your role will be to support your team by helping them grow and learn and together you’ll leverage our massive data assets to inject as much data-driven insight into all aspects of our products as possible. Your leadership will help guide the team by providing value and insight and by shaping decision making in order to deliver the best possible outcome.
Things you’ll need to succeed in this role:
- Analytics expertise -- You’ll need to be amazing at coming up with new, meaningful metrics to measure success of Shopify products, and equally strong at making sure the data needed to support those metrics is instrumented, processed, and presented back to the team efficiently, accurately, rapidly, and beautifully
- Well-balanced skills -- People have trouble pinning you down. Both business and technical teams claim you as their own. You are equal parts technical and functional (and both are exceptionally strong), and you are equally comfortable and effective at presenting to technical or business leaders.
- Passionate about business strategy -- You’ve experienced and thrived in similar channel-related environments and have a knack for working with business users that are responsible for top-line growth.
- Team Development – You’ll need a demonstrated track record of attracting top data/analytics talent, developing those people to make them even better, and managing the growth of teams.
It'd be great if you have:
- Large-scale data-platform tools
- Data Storage and Access: HDFS, Presto
- Data processing/integration: SQL, Python, Kafka, Spark
- Analytics Datastores: AWS Redshift, GCP BigQuery
- Visualization: Matplotlib, Mode Analytics, Tableau
- Analytical techniques: Regression: linear, multivariate
- Chi Square tests
- A/B test design and analysis
If you’re interested in helping Shopify shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Lindsay.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.