Commission Analyst (POSTING CLOSED)
G&A - Finance & Admin – Business Operations
Shopify is an e-commerce platform with the mission to make commerce better for everyone. It currently powers over 500,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries. Shopify Plus is a segment within Shopify, and we work with some of the world’s largest and coolest brands like GE, KITH NYC, Budweiser, and Kylie Cosmetics. Shopify Plus provides high-volume, high-growth merchants an enterprise e-commerce solution without the traditional headaches.
The Business Operations (“BizOps”) team sits in the centre of our organization, linking together all the different functional groups both strategically and operationally. Our Commissions Analyst will be the champion for all things related to commissions and work closely with our finance and HR department to make sure all the I’s are dotted and T’s are crossed. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on projects with our business operations team as a whole.
You'll get to work on things like:
- Championing the commission process and working with the various stakeholders (finance, HR and our sales team) to ensure the timely execution and ongoing improvement
- Support the design and implementation of sales compensation plans, policies and processes each fiscal year (or as needed) that support business objectives
- Calculating and reconciling commissions, which includes scrubbing data from multiple sources
- Assist with plan effectiveness assessment through data analysis of relevant compensation, HR and target attainment data
- Partnering with the Finance department to support accrual entries
- Auditing the current guidelines and processes and finding the opportunities for improvement
- Manage and support our internal commissions tool
You'll need to have:
- 3-5 years of experience in managing commissions, or in a sales operations environment
- High attention to detail and a laser focus on the task at hand
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Quick learner and tech savvy to be able to adapt and learn multiple tools
- Juggling skills, but not the circus variety - you need to be able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Strong customer service skills - building trust is at the core of everything you do
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
It would be great if you also have:
- Professional experience with a commissions tool
- A background in finance or accounting
- Basic knowledge of SQL
How to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Abheek.
Deadline to apply is Tuesday, December 12th at 12 pm EST.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is thisclose to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.