Support Revenue and Operations Analyst
Support – Customer Support
Shopify Support is a team of over 1500 hard-working and dedicated individuals committed to providing high quality service, business growth advice, and platform guidance to our merchants. Our mission is to make commerce better for everyone. Supporting our merchants in their business success is what we do everyday.
The Support Revenue and Operations team is a cross-functional team that helps identify opportunities to increase revenue for Shopify through new service offerings, operational effectiveness, and merchant growth initiatives.
As an Analyst on this team you’ll be identifying process opportunities, operational blindspots, service level value analysis, and optimization and automation advancements. You’ll work directly with senior leadership, support tooling and infrastructure, knowledge management, workforce planning and many other teams to help map out and implement solutions to help our business improve.
It would be great if you have:
- A strong command of SQL programming
- Experience in business analysis; employing techniques such as interviewing, observation, surveying and more
- Well structured and thorough documentation skills
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, project management, and designing creative solutions to unique challenges
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - you communicate clearly, concisely and with tact
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, demonstrating a high degree of professionalism and maturity
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills - you are able to work effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to present data, visually and verbally, to guide conversations with business managers
- Strong math skills, ability to collect, report and analyze data with exceptional attention to detail
- Grit: you are conscientious, resilient, and dedicated to achieving excellence and driving results
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills - ability to manage multiple priorities and timelines and address challenges in a collaborative team environment
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge - you consider yourself a lifelong learner and naturally curious about technology or how things work
You'll get to work on things like:
- Reviewing all existing and future processes for our Support team and identifying operational leakage and broken systems
- Helping define service design that balances the needs of merchants, employees, and the business
- Analyzing historical and current trending performance and helping identify opportunities to optimize based on topic type, time sinks, etc.
- Working with our tooling and data teams to help build long-term solutions that allow the business to operate effectively
- Uncovering automation opportunities and working with relevant stakeholders to build solutions.
- Identifying opportunities for coaching/training and working with key members of our leadership team to better support our workforce
- Understanding, developing, and reporting on the health of our frontline operations from a performance, effectiveness, and optimized standpoint
You’ll love working with this team if you:
- Have a great sense of humour and enjoy a high-trust environment with spirited debate
- Enjoy high levels of autonomy and flexibility with primary attention paid to results
- Operate well in a fast-changing and often ambiguous environment
- Hold yourself and your coworkers to high professional standards
- Enjoy large scope and long-term projects as well as scrappy and reactive firefighting
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application. This posting will close at noon on May 1, 2019.