Business Development Manager - China import focus
GTM – Business Development
Shopify is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team in Shenzhen, China with the aim of growing Shopify’s in-market presence and developing a strategy for growing our partnership program, to help our overseas merchants sell into China. We are seeking a product-minded, business development leader to identify, build, scale a path for Shopify merchants which could involve developing new partnerships or creating opportunities within the chinese ecommerce landscape. You will play a critical role in Shopify's mission to make commerce better for everyone, everywhere.
Projects you will work on:
- Developing and executing an import market strategy to create new partnerships or opportunities. Activities to include business development, market assessment and sell-in activities.
- Building strategic relationships with import players, facilitators, and marketplaces in China, and giving them the tools they need to help our mutual customers to sell into China.
- Identifying potential investment opportunities in agencies with an import focus.
- Working closely with our top partners to understand merchant challenges and sharing this feedback with our product teams.
- Working with complimentary ecosystem partners to improve localization through better payment, shipping and marketing tools.
- Representing Shopify at partner and industry events.
- Building communities via partner led initiatives; such as meetups and digital partner communities online.
- Coming up with innovative ideas to grow Shopify’s customer base, and improve the merchant experience base by working with all types of partners.
Requirements for the role:
- Hustle, lots of it.
- Native-level in Chinese and fluent in English.
- Rich import experience in partner development/management, business development, or consulting.
- Agility and adaptability in a rapidly growing, constantly changing environment.
- An analytical and entrepreneurial mind.
- A passion for retail, technology, and commerce.
- A deep understanding of the China e-commerce landscape.
- Rich keynote/public speaking experience
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application.