G&A – Legal & Finance
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants use our software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. We currently power over 800,000 stores in approximately 175 different countries, including stores for Nestle, Red Bull, Rebecca Minkoff, and Kylie Cosmetics.
Shopify is looking for an Assistant Treasurer to join the Finance team. Based in Ottawa, you will be reporting to our Director of Treasury and Risk and be part of a world class team. Finance at Shopify is a great place to hone your technical skills and get exposure to the Shopify product inside and out. The Finance team has grown from 14 to 65 members in the last 3 years, and the Treasury Team has grown from 1 to 4 members. In that time, the company has successfully completed four follow-on equity offerings, closed several acquisitions resulting in entities around the world, and successfully filed financial statements as a dual-listed public company (NYSE & TSX). In addition to this, the team has provided more than $400M in funding to merchants via Shopify Capital. If you love challenging yourself with financial/accounting related projects, reviewing the finances of business both large and small, and thinking outside the box, then keep reading.
Some of your duties will include:
- Maintenance of global cash flow and foreign currency forecasts
- Formulating and implementing investment policies, including the establishment of risk parameters
- Primary trader for in-house investments and oversight of externally managed portfolios
- Management of transactional flow of funds around acquisitions, refinancings and operational funding needs
- Management of transaction activity around corporate credit facilities and maintenance of strong lender relationships
- Ensuring solid treasury processes and risk and controls to facilitate effective cash management operations
- Partnering with the Treasury team on testing, scoping and implementation decisions for the organization’s Treasury Management software system (Kyriba)
- Oversight on Monthly Treasury & Economic Updates
- Ad-hoc involvement with financial-type solutions (products) for merchants
You’ll bring the following experiences to the team:
- A university degree in commerce/business administration with a focus in finance/accounting
- A designation - CFA, CPA or equivalent
- Extensive experience working in a treasury, banking or finance environment (with experience managing a team)
- A track record of growth/scaling in an organization and/or personal pursuits
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Brett O’Grady.
*Note that this posting will close on April 29th at 5pm EST.