Lead Software Developer
Canada - Remote
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans to slow down. We’re on a mission to scale our platform while simultaneously improving performance, reliability, and resiliency. To do this, we need the help of dedicated, methodical, and versatile engineers.
On Sustaining Engineering team we tackle high impact problems wherever they may be. We’re not limited into a single product area, we explore new problems on a regular basis and collaborate closely with other teams to get shit done, and fast. Which means you'll have exposure to all parts of the Shopify platform. We build features and fix complex problems that make commerce better for our merchants.
As we grow, we need someone to guide team into the future. As Lead for the Sustaining Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to support, mentor and ultimately define the vision of the team.
How do you do this? By being hands on, coding amongst great people, and inspiring new and creative ways to solve merchant facing issue. You will leverage your expertise to improve the output of the team and drive the product vision to build and implement solutions.
What we're looking for:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and SQL (or an equivalent framework and the desire to learn Rails quickly)
- A passion for developing teams that thrive together, with a commitment of teaching and being a part of individual development.
- The ability to build and foster great relationships with other teams, across offices, and especially at the leadership level.
It'd be great if you have experience with:
- Building and scaling user-focused web applications
- Technical leadership experience as you will be guiding a team of (indicate size of team) developers/coders/list general job to optimize our platform
- A passion for helping growing development teams and making others better.
- A passion and curiosity to constantly learn new things. Shopify changes fast, and we need people who work here to be able to change and learn fast, too.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Carl with your resume and cover letter with your application. Make sure to tell us how you think you can make an impact at Shopify, and what drew you to the role