The Shopify support team is continuously growing and with Shopify’s ongoing international efforts, the support team has an increasingly global reach. We are seeking an experienced vendor manager to help define our vendor and international support strategies. The mission for Shopify International is to make commerce better for everyone, everywhere. Shopify support is therefore multi-faceted, with multiple internal stakeholder groups.
In this role you will be the head of our vendor operations team. With a small team of direct reports, you’ll be responsible for the day to day management of our vendor partners. Your previous vendor experience and work in this role will be an important contribution to how we shape our multi-language, multi-channel support strategy in 2019 and beyond.
We’re remote first - Working remotely with Shopify makes it possible to be part of a growing tech company, without relocating. Do fulfilling work, make a real impact, and own your role with the Shopify Support Team from the comfort of your home.
Although we’re spread across various countries and timezones, it doesn’t feel like it. We’ve invested in small teams, so you have the personal connections and tools to thrive in your role here. After all, we help businesses thrive and grow, so we want you too as well!
- 7-10 years combined experience as a vendor manager or operational leadership with extensive experience in contract management, negotiation, cost control and business process development.
- Past experience managing a multi-channel, multi-language support centre
- Experience in RFP process and sourcing and onboarding successful vendor partnerships.
- A collaborative leadership approach and the ability to develop strong relationships with cross-functional teams and departments.
- Developing a strong partnership enabling our vendor partners to be successful is essential
- A champion of change management and successful project implementation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Comfortable presenting to large groups of people, vendor partners and executives.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving abilities. Strong business acumen and ability to perform well in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment.
- Comfortable handling large and complex datasets, SQL knowledge considered an asset.
- Previous experience supporting BPO’s in the Philippines is preferable
- Travel to partner sites is required.