Marketplace Operations Specialist
Oberlo allows entrepreneurs search and find products to sell online. It enables anyone to start a business without worrying about inventory. Over the last two years, we have helped thousands of entrepreneurs sell over 100 million products.
We're growing our team and we're currently looking for the Marketplace Operations Specialist who is always up for a challenge and won't stop until a solution is found! Your role and tasks will expand and change as the company evolves and grows. This is a startup environment, and things move quickly! Our culture is continuously being redefined with every person that joins our company, but, at our core, we value people who: Get sh*t done!
This is a full-time position. Long-term dedication is preferred as we are looking for someone who will grow with us for many years.
You will be part of the Marketplace Operations team and will be responsible for managing and running the day-to-day operations. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Auditing Merchants and Suppliers
- Auditing/Creating product listings, product descriptions, product contents on marketplace
- Maintaining current online product listings and ensuring accuracy
- Tracking status of new items and monitor progress until product launch on marketplace
- Chargeback management
- Identifying suspicious activities/Fraud Investigations
- Monitoring market trends to determine new channels to open as well as new and alternative product put-ups to launch
- Copyright infringement investigation
Does this sound like you?
- You feel passionated about e-commerce and dropshipping
- You have experience in the marketplace role under your belt
- Detail-oriented and a natural problem-solver
- Results-driven and able to work with cross-functional teams to achieve set goals
- Technical acumen, highly organised, and the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks with composure
- Comfortable making strategic decisions
- Experience with product catalogs and inventory management/optimisation
- You have proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to multi-task and recognise continuous improvement opportunities
- You are a lifelong learner. You are constantly teaching yourself new things and you love learning from others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
HERE'S HOW TO APPLY:
We ask all our applicants to build a trial store. What a better way to get to know more about the product you’ll be working with?!
Shopify store requirements:
Download one of the free themes.
Upload products and sort them into collections.
Create a drop-down menu.
Install the Oberlo app into your store.
On the About Us page write a bit about yourself and tell us about your experience with dropshipping and eCommerce. Share a list of your favourite customer support or eCommerce blogs and books.
Download the funniest video you have seen recently somewhere on your store.
Bonus: Design a logo for your store that represents you, your store, or both. There are some great free tools out there. Check out the Shopify Logo Generator.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.